Sunday 17 February 2008

1 Can't Speak French

Girls Aloud's new single - Can't Speak French

Elections Aloud?

Today, I woke up & decided that this will be the day to make my blog public. What better day to do so than the day of Pakistan's Elections & the release of Girls Aloud's new single, I Can't Speak French. A frivolous comparson? TH1NK again!

It's all about brands & word-of-mouth.
It's all about Pop-Culture.
Repackage, Re-brand & Re-sell.

Girls Aloud is a manufactured brand bourne out of a UK reality TV-Show. Members have joined & left, yet the b(r)and has remained intact with a feat of consecutive Top-10 singles. Not too different a story from the Pakistani Electoral Nominees. Nawaz Sharif re-branded to be the Tiger after his differential brand-values segregated him from his parent-brand that is Muslim Leauge - Q, which remains the old faithful Bicycle. I'm not going to go all politolicious by going into the details of masterfully how the PPP realigned its Arrow after the demise BB (Benazir's Bow). Nor am I going to touch the sheer height of the MQM's Kite in Pakistan, whose runner isn't even inside the country...

The 'Arrow' Brand of PPP

Such is the power of brands. People may come and go, but we still love (or hate) brands. They unify us. They untie us. They make us gawk & talk. Such is the power word-of-mouth. Political or musical, its how Bands are made. Brands are made. Blogs are made. E.g. Toast Bread, Kiss & Roll - French or not, brands are all about the Word-of-Mouth baby. So is this blog.

And if you don't my language, pardon my french. Because:

I can’t speak French, So I’ll let the funky music do the talking talking
I’m in deep friend, So I’ll let the funky music do the talking now
I gotta let you know, I wanna give in to my temptation
And let my feelings show, I gotta let you know

Because how on earth could I bring Pakistani Elections & Girls Aloud together. Because that's the Beauty of Brands.
Because 1 Can't Speak French.

But brands do.

French, English, Urdu to you.



PL1NKS:

Girls Aloud - Can't Speak French (Radio Edit)
Girls Aloud - Can't Speak French (Tony Lamezma Mix)
Girld Aloud - Can't Speak French (YouTub Video)

Pakistan Elections (Offical Site)
Pakistan Elections News (BBC)


www.every1pink.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dahlin .. im so happy that you are back with your blog.

Well, i did listen to Girls aloud new single and didn;t like the song itself but loved the video. (see on youtube).

anyways, im bookmarking this wonderful Pinky blog and will be checking it religiously as i do Perezhilton.com

:p

Anonymous said...

ah finally a blog by Lord Sheikh himself. I'm adding you to the blogroll for bakatron.com :D

Anonymous said...

hellooooooooooo!

i am so very happy that you are back! i cant get enough of my as1d baby! am bookmarking you and will be checking in regularly. welcome back, sweetheart, and happy happy blogging.

i love you.

-shahpar