Thursday 24 July 2008

You Give

Look familiar?

I had a tough day. This was what came out.

---

You Give

You give
Space to beauty
Sound to people
Shape to life
So much

Yet
There is no honesty
There is no loyalty
Just hierarchy
Just mockery

You give
Regrets to loyalty
Restraint to honesty
Accolades to hierarchy
Your iconic ironic mockery

Now
I am tired
I am so tired
I am so very tired
So very truly tired

You give
Compliments, I hear commands
Service, I see lips
Handshakes, I touch stone
Love, I feel dead

But
I can't keep track
of your lies lies lies
Every morning I wish
Was my goodbye

You give
You give
You give

After all
You are my god
Of simply everywhere
Of small things
Of all things

Because
Your'e my god
You give
You give
You give

And
I don't get it
I just don't get it
I just don't give a shit
That's what you give

No comments: