Wednesday 5 March 2008

Are Suits The Modern Man's Armour?



Etro - Fall 2008
Dress To Kill

This post actually started off as a fashion splog - which is a copy/paste blog - about the fashionscape of Fall 2008. Somehow, somewhere it got drapped differently. And while thinking, it got stiched into something completely different. A cut apart. Okay. Okay. Enough of the 'tailoriffic' references. Let me come to the (needle) point!

I was thinking.
If corporations are the new armies.
If office floors are the new battle-grounds.
If War-Rooms are the new, well... 'War Room's.

Then,
What we wear is The Neo Armour, no?


It hit me when I was getting ready for a day at work. And I will be vain enough to admit that I DO give two-cents about what I wear for the better remainder of the day. For this particular date, I decided to wear 3-piece. After buttoning & all, I felt protected. Almost secure. Wasn't if I was wearing it or hiding in it. But felt good. So, that got me thinking about this - whereas I should've been thinking about the presentation I had to give that day.



Shameless Armour-Adorning Self-Promotion


Surely the warriors-gone-by would have thought of this too. Not as superflously but still. Like the blue-lines in Braveheart. Like those pin-ups of 60s fighter-jets. Like that snug waist-coat. The one what makes you feel like a Snug Smug Thug! ;-)

But its just a thought.
Don't know if fits or not.

Now, onto more pressing matters:

D&G, DSquared, Rag & Bone, Georgio Armani Armours for Fall 2008

No comments: